We hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe.
This is a reminder that the portal opened as of April 27, 2020, to receive applications for the CEWS. The Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy is for Canadian employers whose business has been affected by COVID-19. As an employer, you may be eligible for a subsidy of up to 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks, retroactive from March 15, 2020, to June 6, 2020.
This benefit will enable you to re-hire workers previously laid off as a result of COVID-19, help prevent further job losses and better position you to resume normal operations following the pandemic.
Since this subsidy will be processed at the payroll program (RP) account level, a separate application for each RP account must be made.
There is a calculator application on the Service Canada website that will help you to determine the amount of CEWS you may be eligible to claim.
We can help you with the following areas relating to the CEWS claim application:
- Determining the company’s eligibility for the program
- Documenting the company’s eligibility. Documentation must be maintained as it could be subject to audit later in the year
- Calculating the amount of the subsidy claim
- Assisting with the application
- Submitting the application for our clients as long as we have a completed and signed RC661 form.
If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the items noted above, please contact us at Lott & Company and we will be happy to assist you.